Dolphin Discoveries Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel
This combination dolphin / whale watching and snorkel tour is three hours of fun. See the sea caves and lava tubes of the historic Kona Coast as we head to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay. At Kealakekua Bay you’ll snorkel one of the nicest marine sanctuaries in the Hawaiian Islands. As you snorkel, you will be accompanied by hordes of curious fish that live amongst the vibrant and colorful coral reefs. After snorkeling, we head out to find some of Hawaii's famous spinner dolphins (and, in whale watching season, you'll also go looking for some whales!)
The Dolphin Discoveries Afternoon Snorkel at Kealakekua Bay Includes:
An afternoon dolphin / whale watch and snorkel tour
Explore the historic Kona coast
- Afternoon dolphin and whale watch/snorkel tour
- Exploration of the historic Kona Coast
- Visit stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
- Learn about dolphins, whales and other ocean wildlife
- Snorkeling Gear
- Flotation Devices (including snorkeling vests & view finder boards)
- Water & Juice
- Bottled water
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 12:15 pm
Tour returns at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
Participants must weight under 285 pounds.
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction & swim aids are included, as are snacks and cold drinks.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.