Captain Zodiac 5 Hour Beat the Crowd Hawaii Snorkeling Tour
This Captain Zodiac Raft & Snorkel Adventure departs a little later (10:00am) and arrives at Kealakekua Bay around noon, when the other boats have left. This allows for a more intimate, uncrowded Big Island snorkel experience. At Kealakekua Bay guests will be briefed on the bay and Big Island Snorkeling. After snorkeling guests will enjoy a delicious lunch and then have time for more snorkeling!
After snorkeling enjoy a coastal tour to view lava tubes, sea caves and blow holes. Keep a lookout for spinner dolphins, manta rays and turtles!
Includes a light deli lunch with fresh local pineapple, chips, cookies and soft drinks.
The Zodiac rafts will have you zooming across Hawaiian waters on a 24’ Zodiac boat. Your naturalist guide and captain will share Hawaiian history and folklore with you. Don't miss the award winning Captain Zodiac 5 Hour Mid Day Expedition.
- Snorkel gear (high-quality silicone masks, Rx masks, fins, float boards or vests)
- Detailed snorkeling instruction
- Light deli lunch with fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and an assortment of refreshing soft drinks
Please note: In Captain Zodiac's efforts to minimizing human impact on
Hawaii's environment, does not provide plastic bottles of water on the
trip. They encourage guests to use reusable water bottles and guests
are welcome to bring their own or purchase available ones at check in.
There are fill-up stations available at the office and on the boat.
- Where and When:
- Check in at 9:45 am. Departs at 10:00 am and returns at 3:00 pm.
Check in at Honokohau Harbor View Map
Driving directions: Honokohau Marina and small boat harbor is located approximately 5 miles south of the Kona Airport (fourth traffic light) and approximately 2 miles north of the town of Kailua-Kona (third traffic light). The harbor entrance (Kealakehe Parkway) can be found by looking for a sign on the highway marked HONOKOHAU MARINA between mile markers 97 & 98. After turning onto Kealakehe Parkway make your first right and look for a mall with a blue tile roof. Our office is the first on the right in the mall.
- Children must be at least 4 years old to participate.
Due to the bouncy nature of the ride, pregnant women or people with back or neck problems may not participate
- Special Notes:
- Life jacket, snorkel and mask are provided. You are welcome to bring your own snorkel and mask.
This tour might not be available if a cruise ship is visiting Kona on the day of your requested tour day.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (and some Wednesdays)
- 5 hours
- Captain Zodiac
- 16 passengers
- Tour is on a 24-foot Zodiac raft that is U.S. Coast Guard certified and inspected yearly by the U.S. Coast Guard.