Captain Zodiac 5 Hour Beat the Crowd Hawaii Snorkeling Tour
This Captain Zodiac Raft & Snorkel Adventure departs a little later (10:00am) and arrives at Kealakekua Bay around noon, when the other boats have left. This allows for a more intimate, uncrowded Big Island snorkel experience. At Kealakekua Bay guests will be briefed on the bay and Big Island Snorkeling. After snorkeling guests will enjoy a delicious lunch and then have time for more snorkeling!
After snorkeling enjoy a coastal tour to view lava tubes, sea caves and blow holes. Keep a lookout for spinner dolphins, manta rays and turtles!
Includes a light deli lunch with fresh local pineapple, chips, cookies and soft drinks.
This tour is great for late risers since this 5-hour Big Island Snorkeling tour departs at 10:00 am on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Zodiac rafts will have you zooming across Hawaiian waters on a 24’ Zodiac boat. Your naturalist guide and captain will share Hawaiian history and folklore with you. Don't miss the award winning Captain Zodiac 5 Hour Mid Day Expedition.
- Snorkel gear (high-quality silicone masks, Rx masks, fins, float boards or vests)
- Detailed snorkeling instruction
- Light deli lunch with fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and an assortment of refreshing soft drinks
- Where and When:
- Check in at 9:45 am. Departs at 10:00 am and returns at 3:00 pm.
Check in at Honokohau Harbor View Map
Driving directions: Honokohau Marina and small boat harbor is located approximately 5 miles south of the Kona Airport (fourth traffic light) and approximately 2 miles north of the town of Kailua-Kona (third traffic light). The harbor entrance (Kealakehe Parkway) can be found by looking for a sign on the highway marked HONOKOHAU MARINA between mile markers 97 & 98. After turning onto Kealakehe Parkway make your first right and look for a mall with a blue tile roof. Our office is the first on the right in the mall.
- Children must be at least 4 years old to participate.
Due to the bouncy nature of the ride, pregnant women or people with back or neck problems may not participate
- Special Notes:
- Life jacket, snorkel and mask are provided. You are welcome to bring your own snorkel and mask.
This tour might not be available if a cruise ship is visiting Kona on the day of your requested tour day.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday
If you would like to go rafting with Captain Zodiac on other days of the week, please see the 4 hour Raft and Snorkel Adventure.
- 5 hours
- Captain Zodiac
- 16 passengers
- Tour is on a 24-foot Zodiac raft that is U.S. Coast Guard certified and inspected yearly by the U.S. Coast Guard.